For about 4 months every year, you keep your Can-Am Spyder or another side by side in your garage to sit because of freezing cold. Furthermore, maintaining your ATV in winter in case you decide to go for a ride is extremely difficult. However, with the right kind of care, you could keep enjoying the rides on your side by side all year long.
Performance NC is a Canada-based company that provides recreational vehicles, maintenance services, parts and accessories, and clothing for these vehicles. They have a team of professional workers who strive for customer satisfaction and try to provide you the best advice on the kind of products you should buy according to your needs and wants. You can visit their website at performancenc.ca.
Winter maintenance tips for your ATV
- Take care of your fuel: Water can get into the most inconvenient places. To make sure that water does not go inside the fuel tank is to check the fuel tank to see if there is any water settled at the bottom. Furthermore, fuel funnels can separate water and fuel, so that can be helpful for you.
- Maintain your battery: A cold winter battery is no use for you. Starting up your engine with a frozen battery can be challenging. You can connect the battery to a simple charger when being stored during the winter so that it is ready to use at all times.
- Use lightweight oil during winter: The oil in your engine is the most important element. In the winter, the oil may not be able to flow as freely with the dropping temperature. Lightweight oil can solve these problems.
- A clean air filter: You need to make sure that your air filter is well-cleaned and the seal for the air filter with the box has waterproof grease on it. This helps in keeping the air flowing.
- Wash your ATV: You need to wash your ATV before you ride so that any snow, mud or ice is washed away. The buildup can harm the framework of steel.
- Check your coolant: A clean machine is better running because of its radiator. An ATV that overheats because of the faulty coolant is a huge risk. Your coolant must have an effective range, so make sure you check and change it during each service.
The points above can help you in making sure that your ATV remains clean and fully functional even during the cold winter months.