Buying a car can always be a major decision, as it is quite an expensive item. Therefore, if you ignore any car-buying rule then you may have to regret a lot afterwards.
Nowadays, the dealers of the cars are quite manipulative and can always take you on a ride in case you are not careful enough, while purchasing your car from any dealer like Serra Honda Grandville.
Following are few lists of dos:
- Do research before buying
It is very important to survey the car market before buying.
- Discuss with car insurance agents
Insurance premium may vary depending upon the car model and you must be aware of that before deciding to buy.
- Know about your budget and also credit score
You must be clear how much you have to borrow and how much that you can afford from your own.
- Breakdown your transaction into components
Often sales person may not tell you everything and hence you must get complete information.
- Take proper test drive
It is very essential to ensure that you are comfortable to drive your chosen model.
- Bring your calculator
You need to make few quick calculations and hence a calculator is must.
- Be ready to walk away out of deal
If the deal is not as per your expectation then be ready to walk away which will put pressure on the sales person.
- Look for better deals
If you are not satisfied with the deal then ask for some other better deal.
- Ensure how will you pay back to your lender
You must be sure about your initial mode of payment.
Following are few lists of don’ts
- Visit any dealer without any financing offer
Never visit a dealer who does not make any financing offer.
- Never start by saying you will pay in cash
Dealers get better commission with financing and hence it can put them off.
- Just look only at payment
Focusing too much on payment often leads to unnecessary purchase of add-ons
- Just discuss with single dealer
You must discuss with multiple dealers to get best deal.
- Take the car without complete paper work
Never take the car without complete paper work to know later that you have to pay little more.
- Sign any paper without agreeing
Never do this.
- Buying add-ons on pressure from dealer
Always resist pressure to buy add-ons which is not necessary.
- Bring your kids
Never bring your kids during negotiation.
- Forget that it is just a deal
You are here to make a deal and nothing else.